Earlier today when Gavin went down for his nap, I took Tanner with me to go pick up Michael's check. Grandma stayed here with Gavin and read her book. I made sure that the air conditioner was on so that they would be comfortable while we were gone. I was worried that Gavin would be awake when we got home because it took us longer than it should have. It wasn't Gavin that I should have been worried about...when we walked in the front door it felt like we walked into a sauna. It was 94 degrees in our house. For some reason the air conditioner was blowing hot air. I called the heating and air people on our warrenty and they never called me back. I was so mad. I opened all the windows, thankful that there was a cooler breeze outside. After 3 hours of waiting for the service guy to call me back, I called one of the members of the bishopric and he told me that one of the men worked with air conditioners. I called him and he came right over. He told me to turn my air conditioner on so that it was running when her got here...would you know it....it fixed itself! Apparently when I turned it off last night the humidity built up in the house and when I turned it back on today, it was frozen so the heat kicked on. Stupid air condioner!!! Brother Leverknight made sure that everything was working alright and he took the filters out of the furnace and sprayed them off. It is finally starting to get a little cooler in here, the thermostat says 80 degrees.
A little something funny in all of this...once the air condioner fixed itself and cool air was coming out the vent, Gavin went right over to the vent and sat on it to cool off.
We are so thankful to have Bro. Leverknight in our ward..all he wanted for payment was brownies...that's my kind of fix-it guy!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
nice. that's the sort of fix-it-guy that deserves brownies! mmmm brownies...
I'm glad you got it fixed! I do not enjoy being "overheated"!
are you cooled off yet nat?
Post a Comment