Friday, January 9, 2009

Craziness!

I went to the doctor yesterday for an ultrasound on baby Zachs heart because he wasn't cooperating the last time. He is looking good but he is measuring over 2 lbs already. Before I left they wanted to check me out. I gained 4 lbs in a week and they were worried about my sugar levels. I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with Gavin and I am scheduled to get tested for it with this baby in 2 weeks. I thought maybe the gestational diabetes was showing up early, which can happen as you get older. They took blood and got it tested and I just got the news that I have Type 2 Diabetes! They now have to watch me extremely carefully and I will have to have an ultrasound every week until Zachary arrives. We also know that because of the diabetes he may be coming earlier, depending on how much weight he gains. There is also a huge chance that he will end up with Type 1 (juvenile) diabetes. Welcome to my crazy life!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about that Natalie...