Thursday, April 24, 2008

Home from the hospital

Hey ya'll! This is just a little update to let you all know that I (Natalie) am home from the hospital.
Some of you didn't even know that I was there. On Sunday afternoon after church I started having horrible pain in my stomach and sides. I knew what the pain was because I have been having problems with my gallbladder since I had Gavin. Usually I can take meds and the pain goes away.
Well by 5 am Monday morning it was excruciating! Michael called 911 and I was taken to the ER. They gave me a ton of pain medicine and did some tests and found out that my gallbladder was full of stones and I was also suffering from Pancreatitis. I was admitted to the hospital and on Tuesday they sedated me and put a scope down my throat to clean out my pancreas and see if I had any stones in my pancreas. There were no stones but because of the gallbladder problems they had to clean alot of stuff out of my pancreas. On Wednesday afternoon I was taken to surgery and they took out my gallbladder. I was released this morning and I am in a lot of pain but I feel much better. Thankfully I have the most amazing friends who took care of my kids and made sure that they were happy. Michael had to work this week and couldn't get off so we are extremely grateful that we live in the ward that we do.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I am so sorry for you. I hope you recover soon because we all know that families still keep kickin even when mom's sick, everything just piles up for when you get well.

The Taylors said...

I'm so glad you are home and doing better. It's nice to hear that you have a good support system around you! Feel better soon!!

Jesse said...

Wow Nat! Hope you're feeling better now despite all that craziness.