Thursday, November 20, 2008

I so want to sew!

A few weeks ago a sister in our ward presented us with the opportunity to make Christmas card holders. I had never sewn anything before (unless you count the dickie from Jr. High) and I was very excited to try something new. It took me almost 2 hours in the fabric department of my Walmart to make up my mind. This is how it turned out:



Well, this sweet sister then asked us if we wanted to make anything else. She showed us a tree skirt she had made and it was so cute. The only problem was that I bought a new tree skirt last year after months of searching that matches the decor of my house so who would I give it to?
I had to think of someone because I was excited for this new adventure. One of my sisters told me to make it for our youngest sister Heather who had gotten married earlier this year and didn't yet have a tree skirt. Perfect! I picked out the fabrics a little faster this time, making sure to get colors Heather would like. This is the final product:

4 comments:

The Taylors said...

I love it!! I need the pattern, were can I find it? I have been looking for one to match my red, white, and blue tree for years!!

akagi79 said...

Oh "sew" cute! lol! Good job. Can I get the pattern too?

Leanne said...

look at you go!! I cannot sew. I commend you on your bravery!

James said...

Nat- you did such a great job on those sewing projects!! My Christmas tree skirt is a piece of fabric wrapped around the trunk!! Very Charlie Brown-like!!